Groundbreaking ceremony for Seattle Central’s Erickson Theatre Off Broadway
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (detailed program below)
Place: Theater construction site on Harvard Avenue, between Pike and Pine Streets, on Capitol Hill.
Summary: The event celebrates Seattle Central Community College Foundation’s Access to Achievement Campaign, which raised over $3 million for student scholarships and to remodel the Erickson Theatre Off Broadway.
The Theatre renovation will create a technically up-to-date community performance space with improved lighting, sound systems, and seating capacity.
The Access to Achievement Campaign received a $500,000 state matching grant and significant gifts from The Allen Foundation for the Arts, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and PEMCO Financial Services. Over 200 Seattle Central staff, faculty, students and administrators also donated to the campaign, including a $50,000 gift from the Associated Student Council.
- Bill Grinstein, Board member, Seattle Central Foundation
- Dr. Charles Mitchell, Chancellor, Seattle Community Colleges
- Dr. Mildred Ollee, President, Seattle Central Community College
- Dr. Dorothy Mann, President, Seattle Central Foundation
- Drama students presentation, directed by Dr. Tawnya Pettiford-Wates
- Groundbreaking ceremony
Contact: Danny Howe, Director of Communications, (206) 934-5485
Sue Bean, Foundation Executive Director, (206) 934-5484