Seattle Central College COVID-19 response and resources
Starting this June 22, Seattle Central College will offer in-person student services every Tuesday of Summer Quarter, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., without an appointment. Open offices and services include:
• Accessibility Resources Center - BE 1103
• Admissions - BE 1104
• Advising/Career Center/Transfer - BE 1102
• Financial Aid - BE 1104
• Info Central - BE 1105
• Learning Support Network - BE 2102
• Library (also available on Thursdays, 10 a.m. -2 p.m.)
• Registration - BE 1104
• Running Start - BE 1102C
• Student Conduct/Title IX - BE 4180
• Student Leadership - SAC 350
• Student Support Programs - BE 1102A
• TRiO - BE 1102B
• Workforce - BE 1104
Students will need to check in at the Broadway entrance of the Broadway Edison building. Please compete the online STUDENT Campus Access Form before you come to campus. Don’t forget your picture ID and face mask - you must wear a mask at all times while in the building and maintain six feet of distance from others.
We are excited to serve you and look forward to seeing you in person.
Fall quarter will offer more instruction in person
We are planning to offer more classes in person this fall quarter, depending on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic. You will notice that many classes in the fall class schedule are currently listed as hybrid. If conditions improve, part of those courses could move to in-person instruction. But if a class is currently listed as an online course, it will remain in that mode for fall. All the dates and times for classes will remain the same, regardless of mode. We plan to make a final decision about hybrid classes by early September – please check our website, Canvas, and your email for information.
Requirements and protocols for entering our buildings
Following the guidelines from Gov. Jay Inslee's office for a phased re-opening of our campus, our Broadway campus and co-locations will remain closed to the public except for:
- Staff who perform essential functions
- Staff who have made appointments in advance to retrieve materials or equipment from their offices
- Students and faculty who participate in a small number of programs that require face to face instruction (see list below)
- Students who have made an appointment in advance for services (see above for limited services without an appointment)
Before you can access any of our buildings, you must follow these steps:
- Employees must make an appointment ahead of time using this form. Students not enrolled in an on-site program must make an appointment for services with the department or office they need
- Take the mandatory training on COVID-19 safety. If you will be routinely coming to campus every week, please review the weekly COVID training update.
- Complete a form attesting that you do not have symptoms for COVID-19, and specifying the areas of the buildings you are visiting. Click here for the form for students, and here for employees. Please fill out these forms before you come in, and before you leave our buildings
- Bring a picture ID
- Wear a face mask or covering
The only open entrance to the Broadway Edison building is entrance A on 1701 Broadway Street. Use this entrance even if you need to access a different building in that campus.
Check with your instructor or supervisor for details on access to the Health Education Center, Wood Technology Center, and the Maritime Academy.
For more information on the safety protocols at Seattle Colleges District, visit https://www.seattlecolleges.edu/coronavirus/current-covid-19-procedures
Here is the list of programs that will have some limited face-to-face instruction starting on Sept. 29, 2020:
Broadway Edison Campus:
Creative Academy- Visual Media Only
Seattle Culinary Academy
Health Education Center:
Seattle Maritime Academy:
Wood Technology Center:
Wood Construction- CORE, Carpentry, Cabinetmaking, Boat Building
Students enrolled in these programs should contact their program faculty for details regarding safety procedures and class formats.